GTA West Corridor Review
Advisory Panel Role
The Terms of Reference for the GTA West Advisory Panel directs the Panel to conduct a strategic assessment of the GTA West project. More specifically it sets out the following tasks:
- Assess the extent to which emerging technologies, trends and policy objectives may impact future travel demand for goods and passenger movement in the GTA West Corridor (2031 time horizon).
- Examine the potential alternative approaches to meeting future transportation demand and infrastructure needs in the corridor using specific emerging technologies and service solutions.
- For example, potentially enhancing/expanding existing infrastructure (both provincial and lower-tier) to address any localized network pressures, such as goods movement.
- Assess the extent to which existing technical studies completed can inform the future infrastructure needs of partner ministries in the corridor (e.g. rail, hydro and other purposes).
- Assess the need for protecting the GTA West Corridor for other transportation needs.
- Assess options for the existing Environmental Assessment process, as informed by the analyses above.
The Advisory Panel will report back to the government in the form of a Panel Report, which will outline the strategic assessment results, recommendations on next steps and advice on a path forward for the Environmental Assessment process.
If you have any accessibility requirements in order to review the material on this page please contact Michael Casey, Ministry of Transportation, at email@example.com or 416-585-7255.